USA - crazy trip from San Francisco to Everett, day 1

Clayton Handy took me on a trip from Chico, California to Everett, WA. A three day trip by car. First, we went down south to San Francisco. What a magnificent city. Unbelievably beautiful. We entered the city crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. I had a wonderful thought. A Polish guy like me in San Francisco. What an amazing thing to do. The only thing missing was somebody to share it with. We went to the science museum which included an aquarium and we were able to see all the fish up close. We saw the rainforest and the natural habitat.
Then, Clayton announced that he bought tickets to a theater in San Francisco.
Really expensive tickets. I felt bad about it, but I was grateful at the same time. So we saw "stage kiss" a really funny comedy with a twist. I had a chance to talk to the director who said she had not talked to anybody about such details for a long time (as I have expressed my opinions) and that I should send her an email. (I surely will).  What attracted my attention was the sheer confidence with which she stood up for a standing ovation. And she stood up way before other people did. I would never do that in Poland. But having thought about it, she was right to applaud her actors. To give them the confidence of being on their side.
I have lived in humility for a long long time. There should be joy in acting and theater activities. I understand it now. I am beginning to embrace it now. It was inspiring, it was new. I was happy and grateful to Clayton.
We ended up in beds in a B&D. What strikes me and suprises me is that Clayton and I have felt that we have been friends for years while it has only been weeks. It was DeWayne that connected us. And I hope we will be forever connected. I loved his family. Emry (the youngest) liked me so much that she enjoyed being carried around by me.
I went to bed with a smile. A smile of a kid I once was. But somehow lost it while living.

A final thought of the first day: DeWayne used to quote this whenever we sallied forth on an adventure -
The road goes ever on and on
down from the door where it began
and I must follow if I can
down from the door where it began.
The road goes ever...


Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

"Opowieść Wigilijna" - scenariusz

"Barbie" - myśli - AKTUALIZACJA

Prace nowe - Bestia