usa - crazy trip - california to Everett - day two

The second day we went further north stopping to enjoy glorious sunlight and admire the amazing views of the ocean and the perfect balance of nature. It put a smile on our faces. We stopped so many times, because next places seemed to have an even better scenic view than the previous ones. It was interesting to see the changing colors of the daytime. We started at 7 in the morning, and the colors were light and the trees had a distinct bright yellowish glare. 
Thanks to Clayton's urge we went to
another performance in a smaller city. I have to remember that moment as I apparently have the tendency to miss out on opportunities. I need to incorporate Clayton's view of life. He said "why not"... that is exactly what DeWayne used to say. This is who we are - entangled in each other's lives. We influence one another without realizing it. It was Clayton who introduced DeWayne to this idea of "why not". I hope I will talk myself into it. 
The performance was not very good,
BUT.. it was about stepping out of the house and the adventures were carried on by the two clowns. What a coincidence... All one needs is to step out... the performance ends with one of the protagonists saying "what a day"... that is exactly what me and Clayton said every day of the trip.  
We stopped in the Redwood National Park as Clayton is keen on natural phenomena. His excitement was contagious as I found myself exploring trees and looking with awe at the greenery. I enjoyed
listening to Clayton talking about nature. We talked about everything... it was so natural. Two friends enjoying their own company. We visited the point arena lighthouse where Forever Young was filmed. We went 300 feet below Highway number one to a cave filled with sealions. The particular smell of the animals, and the sound - this I will remember. 
Finally, the day was drawing to a close, and the last rays of sun hit the horizon... we really wanted to take some last photos, but we were in the center of a city. Clayton decided to stop at some private property and it was just right as the sun disappeared a minute later. We were very fortunate that day. 
oh, the beauty of it. When I was in Hawaii I saw some beautiful landscape, but was unable to cherish it. This just filled me with joy and hope. The world was whispering into my ear "everything will be all right". 
We arrived in Everett really late, but not tired. I have not slept till 4 o'clock, but I do not want to remember the return and what happened then. I want to retain the images from the day before.

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

"Opowieść Wigilijna" - scenariusz

"Barbie" - myśli - AKTUALIZACJA

Prace nowe - Bestia