85. birthday

Dear DeWayne,

you would have been 85 today. It's been a long time I have heard from you  (for the people who are reading it DeWayne passed away a couple of years ago - but he has come to me in my dreams two times to say: 1. that everything will be ok. 2. To say hello to Barry and to tell him he is ok. It happened on a desert.) Since then you have not appeared in my dreams. 

You were a great friend. You did so much for my family. I once asked you (a little intoxicated) "are you my guardian angel?" - without hesitation you answered "of course". 

We went to so many countries together - starting with Lithuania, then Latvia, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway... then the USA (Hawaii - five weeks - I thaught for 3 weeks at the university o f UTAH). Then I used to come back to the USA every now and again, and almost every year you came to Poland.  

I miss talking to you. You always gave me great advice. You would have liked my fiancee. She is smart, and beautiful. Life has been difficult at times, but it's not a surprise. 

As birthday wishes I quote our favorite part of the "Lord of the Rings" which you recited a lot: 

The road goes ever on and on 

Down from the road that it began

And I must follow if I can 

Down from the road that it began. 

(...I must follow if I can...)

Happy Birthday! 

photo: Haleakala "House of the Sun" Hawaii (the highest mountain there) 


Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

"Opowieść Wigilijna" - scenariusz

"Barbie" - myśli - AKTUALIZACJA

Prace nowe - Bestia